Japan Visa Information HotlineIf you have any questions regarding Japanese visas, you can call the JAPAN VISA INFORMATION HOTLINE: 00800100273 (English only).
* The Hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* This Hotline is designated for visa applicants residing in Qatar.
* If you are calling from Qatar, you will be charged a domestic call fee.
* This Hotline will only provide general information regarding Japanese visas.
* The Hotline will not connect you to the Embassy's Visa Section.
* If you need to contact the Embassy, please contact the Embassy directly at 44409000 during office hours.
※ Please call us first (4440-9000 Visa section）if the applicants are Chinese nationals，Russian nationals, nationals of CIS (Armenia, Azerbaijan,Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan) and Georgia.
- Government Action on New Coronavirus Infection and Handling of VISA (PDF)
- Multiple Entry Visa for Nationals of the State of Qatar (PDF)
- Multiple Entry Visa for Nationals of India (PDF)
- VISA for nationals of the Philippines, Indonesia and Viet Nam(PDF)
- VISA for nationals of the Kingdom of Thailand and Malaysia(PDF)
Please click here for Application Form for VISA, Application Form SAMPLE, Letter of Invitation, Letter of Guarantee, Schedule of Stay.
07:30 - 15:00 Sunday to Thursday
Visa Application 7:30am - 12:00pm ( During Ramadan 8:30am – 12:00pm )
Passport collection 10:00am - 15:00pm ( During Ramadan 10:00am – 13:30pm )
Location of Consular Section
The Consular Section is located in the Embassy, Al Shabab Street, New Diplomatic Area, Onaiza, Doha, State of Qatar P.O. Box 2208.
Please click here for VISA fee.
Please note that only cash are accepted. *Credit card is not acceptable.
How to Apply
Visa applicants or his/her proxy must visit our office along with all the requirements needed for each type of visa.
Note1: Required documents and application process will differ according to applicant’s nationality and purpose of travel. For more details, please contact consular section of the Embassy. Foreign Residents in Qatar should have a Qatari Residence Permit on their passports. Applications of non-residents in Qatar are basically not accepted. (GCC nationals need Qatari ID.)
Nationals and citizens of 67 countries and regions are not required to obtain visas to enter Japan when their visits are tourism, commerce, conferences, visiting relatives/ acquaintances, etc. However, when foreign nationals engage in paid activities in Japan, or their periods of stay exceed those stipulated in each country’s arrangement of short-term stay, visas will be required to enter Japan.
Due to the complex nature of visa requirements, please contact the consular section at Japanese Embassy in Qatar for more information and advice.