MEXT Scholarship 2022 is now open for application.
Note that MEXT scholarship in Qatar is only for Qatari students who are interested in undertaking undergraduate courses in Japan. Nationalities other than Qatari can apply to the same scholarship at the Embassy of Japan in your respective countries.
- Applicants must be Qatari citizens.
- Applicants, in principle, must have been born after April 2, 1997.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2022 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2022.)
- Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. In addition, in principle, applicants must be willing to carry out their academic studies in Japan in Japanese.
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition : entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities
- Monthly allowance : 117,000 yen per month. (In case that the recipient research in a designated region, 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added. The monetary amount each year may be subject to change due to budgetary reasons.)
- One round-trip airplane ticket between Japan and Qatar
Duration of Study
A five-year scholarship is offered, including the first year in Japanese language training, beginning in April 2022. For those majoring in medicine or dentistry the term of scholarship is seven years until March 2029, including the first year in Japanese language training.
Applicants who enroll in a university directly, the scholarship period will last for four years, or for six years for those majoring in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or in a six-year course in pharmacy.
In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan between April 1, 2022, and April 7, 2022. Departure from the home residence should be on or after April 1, 2022. If an applicant is to enroll in his/her university from the fall semester through direct placement, he/she must be able to arrive in Japan during the period specified by the accepting university within two weeks before and after the starting date of the university’s relevant academic term for that year
Previous exam papers for the scholarship exams are available online for reference. MEXT Scholarship Past Exams
Guideline and Application Forms
Please carefully read Application Guidelines and check all the related documents for the application.
If you have any inquiry, contact us at email@example.com