Research (Graduate) Students
Note that MEXT scholarship in Qatar is only for Qatari students who are interested in undertaking graduate (research) courses in Japan. Nationalities other than Qatari can apply to the same scholarship at the Embassy of Japan in their respective countries.
- Applicants must be Qatari citizens.
- Applicant, in principle, must have been born after April 2, 1987.
- Applicants must have completed a program with the standard study period of three years or more at universities or equivalent educational institutions in countries other than Japan and received a degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese.
- Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition : entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities
- Monthly allowance : 143,000 yen per month for non-regular Master, 144,000 yen per month for regular Master, 145,000 yen for Doctor. (In case that the recipient research in a designated region, 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added. The monetary amount each year may be subject to change due to budgetary reasons.)
- One Round-trip flight ticket between Japan and Qatar
Duration of Study
Non regular students: A two-year/one-and-a half years scholarship is offered, from September or October 2022 until the end of March 2024.
The first 6-month period of scholarship will be a term of preparatory education of Japanese language for those who require such education.
For regular students, regardless of the date of arrival, neccesarry period for the completion of the regular program of the respective courses will be granted.
The arrival date should be, in principle, within 2 weeks before the starting date of the relevant academic term.
Previous exam papers for the scholarship exams are available online for reference. MEXT Scholarship Past Exams
Guideline and Application Forms
Please carefully read Application Guidelines and check all the related documents for the application before your submission.
If you have any inquiry, kindly contact us at email@example.com