Date/Time: Saturday, March 10, 2018
Place: Qatar University, Administration Building (B01) - Reception Hall
Organizer: The Embassy of Japan in the State of Qatar
Co-organizer : Japanese Language Teachers’ Association in Qatar (JALTAQ) and Qatar University
Contact: Embassy of Japan in the State of Qatar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Eligible candidates fulfil the following;
- Non-native Japanese speaker and resident of Qatar
- Studying Japanese language at Qatar University , other educational institutions accredited by the Qatari government or currently studying Japanese language with JALTAQ.
- If not belonging to any of the aforementioned institutions or not studying with a JALTAQ teacher, the contestant needs to have more than 6 months experience of studying Japanese.
Not qualified if you have;
- Studied Japanese language more than 3 months in Japan
- Lived in Japan longer than 6 months
- Won the 1st place in this contest in the past
- Please contact your teacher to apply. The application forms will be collected by teachers in their respective institutions.
- Contestants who don’t belong to any institutions may contact Embassy of Japan in the State of Qatar (email@example.com) directly. You can find the entry form here.
4, Registration and Submission Schedule
Registration deadline: Thursday, January 25, 2018
|A, B, C||Title of the speech||February 8|
|B, C||Japanese speech copy||February 22|
|B, C||English summary||February 25|
5, Speech Categories
|| 2½-4 MINUTES
||・participants will read a story of his/her choice from the pre-designated topics.
*Please select one title from This Website
|B||FREE TOPIC|| 2½-3 MINUTES
||・participants will give a speech about a topic of his/her choice with a title.|
|C||FREE TOPIC|| 4-5 MINUTES
||・participants will give a speech about a topic of his/her choice with a title.
・at the end of the speech, participants will be given questions related to his/her speech in Japanese. Ansewr to the questions.
• Criteria: content and construction, pronunciation and the manner.
• Slides or any other tools used for illustration will not be permitted.
• Overtime will be subjected to point deduction.
• Category A is suitable for contestants participating for the first time.
• For Category B and C, they will be subject to points deduction, if they read a copy of the speech.
• Contestants on Category C will be asked questions after the speech which will be included in judging.
We look forward to seeing you at our 10th Japanese speech contest! Good luck!!